Wednesday, June 5, 2019

To love, to care and to make some magic

In January I received a package with lovely soft pink and lilac beads from Preciosa's "Natural Colors" range, together with their Candy Rose beads. Preciosa asked the designers to focus on wedding and babies, which I did with happiness.

I made a Rose Walk necklace design with the Candy rose beads.

Preciosa published this design already some time ago, but I don't remember telling you about it on my blog. I don't remember well how I made it.

The soft seed bead designs have been published only today. I made 4 items for them:

1) a pair of bolas canastas earrings, for which I also wrote the instructions and which are now published on their website. Have a try at bolas! You can make so many things with this method.


I think that it is important to put beautiful toughts in our beadwork, so for this  key charm, made for an old rusty key which. I thought of the very charming, old hotel where the love of my life and I had our honeymoon. I added a charm which says "believe in love".


I also made a baby rattle. I thought of a lovely FB friend, beader and designer who happens to love pink as much as me and who was pregnant back in January. I asked Preciosa Ornela to send the rattle to her for her lovely baby girl to enjoy the music. I think that it is important to show that we care when we have an occasion to do so.



Last but not least, to add a bit of magic, I made a sweet scent bottle, which is completely self-supported. It contains a cotton with a lovely Ylang-Yland and Blue Lotus essential oils mix. I believe in the power of flowers. Scents have magical properties.


And the cherry on the cake is that Preciosa wrote an article about me on their news page!



I see *La Vie en Rose*. Visit Preciosa's album on flickr with photos of the many beautiful creations made by other designers.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulation Cath on your recent publication and the lovely designs.

    Happy Summer!
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Eva Maria. Happy Summer to you too!

      - Cath

      Delete
  2. Liebe Cath,
    als Erstes möchte ich Dir herzlich für die Anleitung von den Bolas Canastas danken! Meine Bolas habe ich noch nach Deinem YouTube Tutorial gemacht, was mir sehr gut gefallen hat!
    Herzlichen Glückwunsch zu Deinem Artikel bei Preciosa und den hübschen, kleinen Kostbarkeiten, die Du aus den Perlen gezaubert hast!
    Liebe Grüße
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liebe Andrea,vielen lieben Dank für Deines Bericht hier, dass froht mich wirklich! Und auch dass meine Kreationen dir gefällen!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome!